Dhaka stocks fell for a fourth day with investors remaining cautious following a three-day slump.
All the key indices of Dhaka Stock Exchange edged down in choppy trade. The benchmark DSE General Index dropped 24.9 points, or 0.86 percent, to 2856.8 points. The DSE All Share Price Index also shed 22.21 points, or 0.93 percent, to 2362.61 points.
The investors found themselves in cautious trade yesterday in chasing securities with higher prices, market operators said.
The investors' cautiousness was also reflected in the bourse's total turnover, which slipped below Tk 400 crore after a week. Turnover yesterday touched Tk 336.53 crore, which was Tk 463.52 crore on Sunday.
Most securities traded down on the premier bourse. Of 235 traded issues, 69 gained, 156 declined and 10 remained unchanged. A total of 2,21,86,297 shares traded on the DSE.
In the first 15 minutes, the market gained about 15 points. The bourse later took a downward trip and lost around 33 points in the next 90 minutes. In the next 60-minute trade, the market gained around 18 points. The DSE returned to its declining trend to continue for the rest of the session before closing lower than the previous day.
Market capitalisation came down to Tk 1,00,282.90 crore from the previous day's Tk 1,00,577.84 crore.
Beximco Pharma topped the turnover list with 17,61,550 traded shares worth Tk 27.84 crore. The day's other turnover leaders were Desco, Beximco, Titas Gas, ACI, Summit Alliance Port, Lanka Bangla Finance, Square Pharma, Golden Son and Summit Power.
Chittagong stocks also marked a fall yesterday. The CSE Selective Categories Index declined 55.9 points, or 0.96 percent to 5736.6 points, while the CSE All Share Price Index dropped 89.25 points, or 1 percent to 8758.89 points.
A total of 51,91,832 shares worth Tk 47.83 crore changed hands on the port city bourse. Of the 139 issues traded, 36 advanced, 100 declined and three remained unchanged.
(The Daily Star-21.10.2008)
Govt. Usefull & Exclusive Links
- Agriculture Information Service
- Ansar & VDP
- Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council
- Bangladesh Agricultural Research Inst.
- Bangladesh Air Force
- Bangladesh Army
- Bangladesh Bridge Authority
- Bangladesh Civil Aviation Authority
- Bangladesh Computer Council
- Bangladesh Drug Administration
- Bangladesh Gas Field Company Limited
- Bangladesh Institute of Management
- Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
- Bangladesh National Social Welfare Council
- Bangladesh Navy
- Bangladesh Ordnance Factories
- Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation
- Bangladesh Parliament
- Bangladesh Police
- Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center
- Bangladesh Public Service Commission
- Bangladesh Rifels
- Bangladesh Water Development Bord
- Central Jail
- Central Procurement Technical Unit
- Chittagong Development Authority
- Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh
- Department of Environment
- DG Purchase Department
- Dhaka City Corporation
- Dhaka International Trade Fair
- Dhaka Power Distribution Company
- Dhaka Power Distribution Company
- Dhaka WASA
- Director General of Family Planning
- Director General of Health Service
- Directorate General of Defence Purchase
- Directorate of Primary Education
- Directorate of Technical Education
- Disaster Management Bureau
- Durnity Daman Commission
- Education Board
- Election Commission
- Export Promotion Bureau
- Fire Service and Civil Defence
- Govt. Forms
- ISSB Result
- Large Taxpayer Unit (LTU)
- Local Gov. Engineering Department
- Ministry of Commerce
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Power,Energy and Mineral Resources
- Mushroom Development Project
- National Housing Authority
- National Pay Commission-2008
- Non Govt. Teachers Registration and Certification Authority (NTRCA)
- Pashchimanchal Gas Company Limited
- Petro Bangla
- Privatization Commission
- Public Works Division (PWD)
- Roads & Highways Department
- Small & Cottage Industries Training Institute (SCITI)
- The Security Printing Corporation (Bangladesh) Ltd.
- University Grants Commission of Bangladesh
Useful & Important Links
- Asian Development Bank
- Axix Genesis (Malaysia My Second Home)
- Bangladesh Association of International Recruting Agencies (BAIRA)
- Canadian Immigration & Education Consultant Network (CIECON)
- Destiny 2000
- Dhaka Chamber of Commerce
- Dhaka Yellow Pages
- Fantasy Kingdom
- Munir's Education & Immigration Services
- Sandhani National Eye Donation Samity